This Is My Story
Originally from Lahore, Pakistan, but tend to live elsewhere. I was brought up in Kuwait. I did my university education from Malaysia and UK. I have a Master’s degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering from the University of Birmingham, UK. I am an iOS Developer, and UI/UX Designer by passion. I am the founder of a social content publishing mobile application Leaflets. My academic research work has been around Radar, Navigation, UAV sensors and control, and autonomous flight. A key goal of mine is to improve myself continually, learning transferable and specialised technical skills whenever and wherever possible. I regularly participate in Massive Open Online Courses, you can find the details below. I like to read and travel. I am also a competitive squash player.
I like to create things. These days what I create normally takes the form of a website or an iOS App, but what drives me is the idea that somewhere out there what I’ve done has made somebody else’s life just a little bit better. I like to dip into all aspects of a build, from UX and design to the actual implementation. Some know this as being a hybrid developer (or maybe devsigner, horrible word), which isn’t particularly descriptive but I’m still waiting for a better term. The end result is that I find myself arguing just as passionately about information architecture, UI, typography and colour as I do about coding standards, algorithms, APIs and technical infrastructure. For me the user experience is something that permeates every layer of the stack, and I love all of it. All of it except for the context-switching at least, jumping between all the different layers in one day is hard.
That’s enough about me for now. Feel free to follow me on Twitter. If you wish to contact me directly, please click on the button below.
– Master of Engineering (MEng) in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 2014
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
– ER22.1x: Justice, edX | Harvard University, Instructor: Michael J. Sandel, 2016, [Verify]
– LX1: Inclusive Leadership Training: Becoming a Successful Leader, edX | Catalyst, Instructor: Deepali Bagati, PhD, 2015, [Verify]
– 15.390.1x: Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer?, edX | MIT, Instructors: Bill Aulet and Sanjay Sarma, 2015, [Verify]
– 15.s23x: U.Lab: Transforming Business Society and Self, edX | MIT, Instructors: Otto Scharmer and Sanjay Sarma, 2015, [Verify]
– SW47.1x: Entrepreneurship and Healthcare in Emerging Economies, edX | Harvard University, Instructors: Professor Tarun Khanna and Professor Sue J. Goldie, 2015, [Verify]
– TPM1x: Solving Complex Problem, edX | Delft University of Technology, Instructor: Alexander de Haan, 2015, [Verify]
– Product Design – Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Commercialisation
– Mobile Application Development – Big Data Management, UI and UX Design
– Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) – Design, Control, Alternative Power Source, and Health Management
– Sustainability, Renewable Energy and Environment – Technical and Economical Aspects
– M. Moaz, “Micro-Doppler Analysis of Helicopter Rotor Blades Radar Returns”, – Master’s Thesis, School of Electronic, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Birmingham, April 2014.
– M. Moaz, Y. Amar, C. Lewis, B. Willetts, P. Baharali, M. Khabaz “Throwing Teddy Bear of the Roof”, – 3rd Year MEng Project, School of Electronic, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Birmingham, April 2013.
– M. Moaz, “Managing Solar Boat Project for Taylor’s Solar Boat Grand Challenge”, 4th Semester Managing Projects for Success, School of Engineering, Taylor’s University, July 2012.
– P. Yong, L. Haur, M. Moaz, L. Hee, J. Chin, A. Rahim, J. Lee, “Collision Avoidance System Laboratory Testbed Vehicle”, 3rd Semester Group Project, School of Engineering, Taylor’s University, December 2011.
– P. Yong, A. Ghandehari, M. Moaz, J. Chin, A. Rahim, J. Lee, “Unmanned Aerial Vehicle”, 2nd Semester Group Project, School of Engineering, Taylor’s University, July 2011.
– M. Moaz, A. Akhtar, S. Malik “Aesthetically Appealing Renewable Energy Features for the Lakeside Campus”, 1st Semester Group Project, School of Engineering, Taylor’s University, January 2011.
– M. Moaz, “Assistive Applications of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles”, Assistive Robotics Workshop, College of Technological Studies, Kuwait, June 2015.
– P. Yong, A. Ghandehari, M. Moaz, J. Chin, A. Rahim, J. Lee, “Unmanned Aerial Vehicle”, The 2011 CDIO™ Regional Conference, Beijing, China, May 2011.
– Almeshal, M. ; Alenezi, M. ; Moaz, M., “Intelligent Path Tracking Hybrid Fuzzy Controller for a Unicycle-Type Differential Drive Robot”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Science Index, , vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 436–439, 2015. [PDF] or [Link]
– Almeshal, M. ; Goher, K. ; Alenezi, M. ; Almazeed, A. ; Matawah, J. ; Moaz, M., “BFA optimized intelligent controller for path following unicycle robot over irregular terrains”, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 1199–1204, 2015. [PDF] or [Link]
– Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET), UK
– Member of the Climbing and Walking Robots Association (CLAWAR), UK